POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I bake UV textures with Povray? : Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Aug 2004 08:03:29
Message: <4125e891$1@news.povray.org>

news:web.412569f73137e9f1406ebe00@news.povray.org...
> I know there's a trick in Renderman to get the renderer to "bake" UV
> textures from procedural textures, but is there a way to do the same in
> Povray?

A typical uv map takes its coordinates from <0,0> to <1,1>, so rendering an
orthographic view of the <0,0,0>,<1,1,0> area of plane{z,0}  textured with
the desired procedural pigment or normal should create a bitmap version of
that pigment or normal, usable for uv mapping. Totally untested...

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com